We are thrilled to offer acupuncture services at Little House! Acupuncture is the process of inserting multiple small needles into the body at specific locations. It can decrease pain, decrease stress, improve circulation, release endorphins, strengthen the immune system, and much more…. all with minimal side effects! If the patient and condition allow, we can even add in electro-stimulation as a way to amplify the acupuncture effects! Most patients relax and tolerate the treatments great! Acupuncture is beneficial and safe to use concurrently with other therapies, such as laser therapy, medications, and supplements.
Some common conditions acupuncture can treat include:
- Back Problems (Intervertebral Disc Disease, Degenerative Myelopathy, etc.)
- Nerve Injuries
- Ligament, Tendon, or Muscle Injuries (Cruciate Ligament tears)
- Skin Problems (Allergies, Ear Infections, Lick Granulomas, wound healing, etc.)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (Vomiting, Diarrhea, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Constipation)
- Urinary Tract Disease (Interstitial Cystitis, Urinary Incontinence)
- Respiratory Disorders (Asthma, Chronic Bronchitis)
- Ocular Disorders (Dry Eye, Corneal Ulcers)
- Immune-Mediated Disorders
- Cancer and Chemotherapy Patients
If you have any questions as to whether acupuncture could benefit your pet, please contact Dr. Frevert, and she will be happy to discuss a treatment plan with you!